Good moments from the holidays (so far)December 24, 2010
– driving home to Goshen with Becca listening to loads of Christmas music and get a glimpse of blue sky right as we approached Goshen
– watching the candle dance at the Assembly bread & soup Christmas Eve service (I have been in this dance countless times and watched it even more, but I don’t get tired of the simple melody, the circle steps and the whole congregation lit by candlelight)
– trying to bake another batch of chocolate caramel cookies with sea salt that I had made earlier this week with Becca and ending up with a molten field of chocolate dough and rivers of caramel that despite their complete lack of cookie-ness are quite tasty
– seeing a Great Blue Heron from about 15 feet away on a pre-dawn walk with my Mom
– completing one puzzle, two games of tichu with family and the various prep work (cranberry sauce, stuffing, etc) required for our Christmas dinner tomorrow
– indulging my great weakness for Christmas music by falling for Amazon’s 99 Christmas classics for 2 dollars deal (and then forcing my family to listen to it with me)
– working with my Mom to successfully sew a pair of mittens out of old wool sweaters.
– seeing all the assorted “kids” from Assembly who have since grown up and away and seem to be frighteningly adult now
– hand delivered Christmas packages
– the very traditional snowman the neighbors made in their lawn.
I hope you all are enjoying the holidays and I wish you the merriest of Christmases!