5 weird things I doApril 13, 2007
Bindi over at Epossums made a list of her own obsessions recently, and as exemplified many times in this blog, I try not to have original ideas. So here in no specific order is a list of my current obsessions:
1. Check my online banking 5-10 times a day. I don’t entirely know why I do this, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don’t actually balance my checkbook, or maybe I just can’t remember how much money I have, who knows but its my 6th ranked favorite on my “Favorite Site” list
2. Organize things alphabetically. Thankfully I can say that I generally reserve this for items that work well in this order (i.e. cds, dvds, etc), but the weird thing is I have never bothered to alphabetize my own book collection. I think this is because I could never decide between author order or title order.
3. Play Sudoko in Diablo mode (but with the penciled in possibilities setting on). This one clearly places me in the deep end. First of all, this all started when I discovered the Sudoko widget for my dashboard (MacBooks rock!). I played for a while on Easy, moved eventually to Medium. Then in a fit of hubris I tried Diablo, crazy man! I got stuck repeatedly until I found this lovely little thing that shows all the possibilities for each block and now I am hooked. I know this makes me both a nerd and a cheater, but I have found this to be the perfect zen activity in that it requires brain effort, but only enough to block out wandering thoughts.
4. Think about Carbs. Don’t ask!
5. Yearn for a real spring. If you live in Chicago right now, you can probably understand this one, but in case you don’t. Snow in April, people, snow in April!